Well hello there!
It’s nice to see you visiting my blog and being interested in the things I write about. I really hope you enjoy your time here. 🙂
When it comes to introducing myself, it always takes a village to make those few sentences. Maybe because I don’t really know what to say. I can come up with some dry facts and hobbies, but it’s just…boring. So I decided not to write a biography or a timeline of my life, but rather put everything in a little different way. So here we are – 50 facts about me. Oh, it took a long time for me to write it! I’ve been carrying with me around a little notebook, so that if I randomly came up with something, I could write it down. And now I’m sitting in my new apartment surrounded by loads of boxes, wires, clothes, pieces of furniture, sleeping cats and adding some finishing touches to this blog post. I can easily see a round circle in the midnight sky – yep, it’s a full moon and my insomnia is starting to kick in once again. But it’s good at some point – at least I will get something done. So here we go – are you ready for a super long blog post?
50 facts about me
- My name is Asta and I grew up in a small Baltic country called Lithuania.
- I love, love, love cats.
- I grew up on a farm.
- I love cooking, but I am horrible at decorating any kinds of food and taking pictures of it.
- Through my life I’ve wanted to be probably anything you can think of – a musician, an actress, a chef, a lawyer, a doctor, a business woman and many more.
- I love movies, books and music.
- I can’t sleep, if there’s even the smallest noise coming from the neighbors’ apartment or the outside. I don’t mind the highway though.
- I am an owl type of person – can’t get up early, but also can’t go to sleep earlier than 1 a.m.
- I was a good student in high school and I actually loved (and still love) to study! I also never argued with teachers, and for that reason was disliked by quite a few fellow students (because it’s so cool to disrespect your teachers, you know???).
- I am getting bored very quickly with the things I do, so in addition to having a Purring Pyjamas shop, I also attend various courses and love to study/do different things.
- I moved to Finland in 2012 due to personal reasons. And yes, I am planning to move out from here eventually.
- I dislike people, who discuss the topics they’ve got no idea about, but still are trying to prove their truths. Even if they’re 110% wrong.
- I am quite impatient. I also get angry quickly, but all that goes away within minutes.
- I grew up surrounded by police officers – my uncle and cousin are police officers, my aunt works at the police station, my best friend’s father is a detective (she is a lawyer herself) and one of my best childhood friend’s is a police officer too.
- And from number 12 comes number 13 – I love watching TV shows about law enforcement. And outlaws.
- No matter how tired I am I never ever go to sleep with makeup. I love going to sleep feeling fresh and clean.
- I’ve tried many different lifestyles through my live – I was temporarily vegan, vegetarian, also tried eating raw and raw ‘til 4.
- I lose the track of time quite easily. I often forget very basic things, like eating lunch.
- I always try to listen to what my body needs. If I feel hyperactive and want to do many things, then this is what I’m going to do. And if my body tells me to take a day or two off – mini vacation, here I come!
- I would say I have some sort of OCD, but not in the bad way. I just like to keep everything in it’s place and always make sure I did everything right (for example, when leaving the house, I always check few times, if the door is really locked or if I have everything I need).
- I absolutely cannot be on a diet. I simply love food too much, so in order to stay in shape I exercise almost every single day for 1-2 hours.
- I have a brother and a sister, who are way older than me.
- I love hospitals.
- My favorite writers are Edgar Allan Poe, Stephen King and Charles Baudelaire. Also I always prefer classics over modern literature.
- I always considered getting a tattoo on the left arm.
- I am totally addicted to TV series. My all times favorite TV series – Sons of Anarchy, Lost, Bones, House M.D., Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives.
- I always sit with crossed legs. Unless I am in a bus/train, of course.
- I don’t drink alcohol and have never ever smoked a cigarette in my life.
- I love having clean apartment, but hate cleaning, especially wiping dust. I simply think it’s a total waste of time, because in the meantime you could do something really useful.
- I do not have a driver’s license, even though I adore motorcycles and big cars.
- I was born with bright blue eyes. Within few months it changed to dark brown color. It wasn’t until middle school, when my eye color started changing again and now it’s mostly green color with blue and brown hints. Everyone else in my family has blue eyes.
- I get hooked on things easily. If I find something interesting or fascinating, I will try to find out everything I can about that certain topic. And it will continue until I get bored and find something else.
- I wash my hands very often. If, for example, I wash my hands, I sit down to eat and touch a remote control to turn on TV or music, then I go to wash my hands again and only then start eating. I love having my hands squeaky clean.
- I was always fascinated by US nature as there you can find pretty much everything, what you can see here in Europe.
- I find it annoying when people bite their nails, especially publicly. Do you imagine how much dirt and other things are under your nails? Eww, I don’t even want to know that.
- I can’t swim.
- I have a fear of deep waters and heights.
- Never played (and still don’t) video games.
- I can’t leave the house without sunglasses, because I have very sensitive eyes.
- My absolutely favorite time of the year – late spring and early autumn.
- I love to cook for others, that’s why I often hold dinner parties.
- I have 7 piercings in total: 4 in the left ear and 3 in the right one. In my teens I also had an earring in my nose and under the lip.
- I like better fewer, but bigger things – big jewelry, big accessories, big home décor details, big cars and so on.
- I am a Christian.
- I prefer living in the city (at least for now), but love to spend some time in the cabin in the woods too.
- I dislike having long nails – after some time it just gets too uncomfortable. Short and clean – that’s a way to go!
- I always speak up if I have something to say. For that reason some people can call me impolite or rude. But nobody likes, when someone disagrees with them, huh?
- I think it’s always good to hear some constructive criticism. To my mind, it helps you to improve and perfect the things you’re doing. Although I always choose very carefully to whose opinion to listen. Let’s be fair – some people want you to fail more than others.
- I love having competition. It’s always fun to compete with someone. And even more fun to win.
- I love soundtracks. It’s definitely my favorite type of music.
I thought it’d be SO MUCH easier to write these 50 facts about me. Will anyone read them all? I guess not. But whatever. It was fun to think about all these things and get to know myself. Once again.
You can find me:
Etsy shop: PurringPyjamas
Facebook page: PurringPyjamas
My Pinterest account: Asta
My personal Facebook account: Asta